Within the month of March our students took part in the following activities:-
- We have been awarded the School of the Year Award by The NCS Challenge for our Year 11 & 12 students who have participated in the scheme during the last few years
- World Book Day was an outstanding success with staff and students celebrating by dressing up as their favourite book characters
- Seven Year 10 students took part in the Jack Petchey Speak-Out Challenge and we had two overall winners – Sabah Ahmad 10S and Samya Zia 10Y. Our 2 finalists went through to the final which was hosted by Loxford School. Unfortunately we did not win but we had 19 contestants from different schools in the Borough. Our 2 speakers were phenomenal and we had outstanding musical performances. Our Prefects were commended for the way they behaved and helped out. It really was Loxford at its best; it was a privilege to be a part of the school and the students made us proud
- One of our Year 13 Media students, Jankhana Odedra, was the curator for a film called “Chronic Youth” at the Barbican Film Festival. Jankhana procured this position on her own back and the school and her Media teacher, Mr Bailey, are incredibly proud of her
- The school production was “Alice in Wonderland” and it was performed to Loxford Primary and Uphall Primary – it was absolutely amazing
- Year 12 Citizenship students, all of Year 10, 9 and 8 attended a “Prevent” safeguarding training on Radicalisation
- The Parliament Meeting was held for the relevant students
- Year 8 & 9 students took part in a Jack Petchey “Count on Us” Maths Challenge in-house and the winners were Sahil Ahmed, Khafia Akhtar, Shakeeb Jumaan, Luqman Shakeel and Abdul Ahmed. They now go on to represent the school in the semi-finals against other schools
- Our 6th Form Charity Event raised £877.00 for Comic Relief and everyone enjoyed taking part
- Year 12 Parents’ Evening had 92% attendance – well done
- Our Year 9 Options Evening was very successful and had an attendance of 96%
We visited the following places:-
- A small group of Year 10 Maths took part in a competition at Oaks Park School for higher achieving students and they came 2nd, missing 1st place by 1 point
- 7T visited the Natural History Museum and attended a workshop on “Investigating the Past” and fossil digging. They had a lovely time!
- A group of Drama students visited The Young Vic Theatre to watch a production of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
- The PE department took a group of Year 11 girl students to assist in leading activities at Wheelpower’s Primary Sports Camp. The purpose of the trip was to allow the girls to practice using their leadership skills they have developed within lessons and build confidence in leading sessions to others.
- Year 13 Textile students went on a trip to the Natural History Museum
- 48 Year 9 Geography students went on a trip to Walton-on-the Naze to collect a range of data, and skills which will support them should they undertake GCSE Geography. The trip allowed students to complete work on topics which are covered in Year 9 and during the GCSE course.
Loxford took part in many sporting fixtures:-
- Year 9 football team defeated Valentines 5-1
- Year 9 netball team defeated the Palmer Academy 3-1
- Year 10 football team defeated Mayfield 6-1