So, what does the PTFA actually do?
Our activities range from:
- Raising money for activities or resources that cannot be funded by the school, via raffles, cake sales, Christmas Bazaar and other events;
- Arranging fun events for the pupils.
Over the past two years the PTFA has raised over £2,000 which has been used to purchase items including:
- Golden Time games and toys
- Much needed books for the Library
Who can be a member of the PTFA?
If you are a parent or carer of a pupil at Loxford Primary, or a teacher you’re already in! And there are lots of opportunities – small, medium and large – to get involved.
Ok, but what do you need me to do?
We know that attending meetings can be tricky when you have a young family. So you don’t have to attend a meeting to make a valuable contribution – you could simply:
- Support our raffles, sales and other fundraising events
- Volunteer at an event, selling gifts, refreshments and tickets etc
- Donate prizes for our raffles & tombolas – either individually or via personal/professional contacts
- Offer ideas and/or resources for fundraising activities
- Give helpful feedback on school and PTFA activities to help us improve how things are done.
You can do any, or all of the above, and attend all or several meetings. The Committee is a friendly bunch, the meetings are a good way of meeting new people and making new friends and we always welcome new faces and fresh ideas.
Who do I get in touch with to get involved?
You can turn up to any of the PTFA meetings, dates are published in school newsletters, on the website. Or, you can speak to any of the PTFA members in the school playground, leave a message in the school office or you can email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll post the minutes of each meeting plus any other useful information on the school’s website so keep returning to have a look.
Thank you in advance for your support!