SCHOOL DEVELOPMENT PLAN
2018 – 2019
We will maximise the effectiveness of learning opportunities and technologies to provide our children with high levels of attainment and achievement. This will be provided in a well-ordered, reflective, enterprising and collaborative environment in which all participants are respected and are enabled to fulfil their potential and to make a positive contribution to the development of our culturally rich community.
Values, Vision and Mission
Through our policies, practice, evaluation and celebration we shall illustrate our commitment to:
- All humanity, respecting the rich diversity of individual, family and community life; specifically recognising and supporting the primary entitlement of all in the development of their own spiritual and emotional well-being and of a positive self-esteem.
- The fulfilment of personal potential through educational opportunity, based on the aspirations of individuals, appropriate to their needs and accessible to their circumstances.
- Innovative and flexible approaches to teaching and learning, effectively deployed to raise student aspirations; grounded in realistic self-appraisal, fuelled by clear visionary inspirations, driven by supportive staff, and resourced by state of the art facilities within a purposeful and attractive environment inspired by a clarity of vision from the school’s leaders.
- A broad, balanced and personalised curriculum, enhanced by our distinctive focus on Science, Technology and Languages, supported by effective deployment of a range of educational technologies.
- A variety of differentiated accreditation opportunities for all children based upon competencies, aptitudes and a pro-active approach to equality of opportunity for all, including securing the basic skills of literacy and numeracy as access keys to the curriculum.
- The provision of distinctive and high quality post-16 education, reflective of the School’s specialisms and with a focus on lifelong learning and collaboration with our community.
- A committed, well-resourced staff including colleagues from outside conventional roles, deployed where appropriate to enhance the learning process.