Within the month of February our students took part in the following activities:-
- 50 of our Year 10 students took part internally in the Jack Petchey Speak Out Challenge Round 1
- Prevent Talks were presented to Year 12 & Year 9
- We hosted our Year 9 Curriculum Evening which gave the parents the opportunity to come and speak to the CTLs to find out information about the different subjects before choices were made by the students.
- The Redbridge Youth Election ballot was held
We visited the following places:-
- Our Year 12 RE students attended an A Level Revision Conference at Bloomsbury Baptist Church, London and the aim was to develop and apply their skills, knowledge and understanding to different aspects of the A Level specification, assisting in their preparation for the examinations.
- 30 Year 11 English students visited the Charles Dickens Museum for a tour and “A Christmas Carol” workshop
- 30 Year 11 Drama students watched a performance of “DNA” at the Queens Theatre, Hornchurch
- 65 Year 11 Art students went on a trip to the Victoria & Albert Museum
Loxford took part in many sporting fixtures:-
- Year 9 girls’ netball defeated Caterham 5-4
- A group of Year 11 girls’ took part in the District Swimming Gala competition at Fullwell Cross Leisure Centre where all of the schools in Redbridge were competing