Loxford in the month of DecemberBack
Within the month of December, our students took part in the following activities:-
- All Year 7 students had great fun watching the Panto “Aladdin”
- All our students watched a presentation regarding the “Redbridge Foodbank Collection” and donated a huge amount of tins, toiletries, pasta, rice and many other items, to help people who are going through challenging circumstances. With the current economic issues facing many families in Redbridge and the surrounding area - increased energy prices, inflation, fall of disposable income etc. more of our local residents do not have enough money to live on or afford the basics. As a result, Loxford School, with the help of the students, launched an initiative to collect essentials for the Redbridge Foodbank. The organisation was highly impressed with the number of donations
- Congratulations to Oduna Jahan, Shwe Naing who received their Bronze Duke of Edinburgh awards
- New Year 9 Monitors and Year 10 Prefects were appointed. They met with Mr Curcio to discuss their role and what is expected of them and badges were distributed to them
- Anti-bullying Ambassadors received a 3 week course by Mrs James and Ms Caliskan, the Librarians. They learnt new skills and looked at various scenarios on how to deal efficiently against bullying
We visited the following places:-
- Our Year 12 students visited Queen Mary University of London for a campus trip
- The Year 7s went on a reward trip to Central London and The Tate Museum. They saw Buckingham Palace, the Changing of the Guards, Horse Guard Parade, Tower Bridge, London Eye and Big Ben and the Tate Modern. For some students, it was their first time in the heart of the capital and they had a day full of fun
- Seventeen Year 9 students went on a reward trip to The Natural History Museum and had an interesting day
- Thirteen Year 8 students participated in the Borough’s indoor athletics competition at Mayfield School where all of the other schools in Redbridge were competing. The students participated in numerous events ranging from shot putt, long jump, relay races, running events and many more. All the students were a credit to the school and enjoyed the event – well done!
- Our Year 13 students chose to visit the festive destination at The Winter Wonderland and experienced the magical ice kingdom and the ice rink. They had a great day despite the freezing cold!
- The Year 12s went on a reward trip to the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland including ice skating and a visit to the Christmas Market
- The Year 8s went on a reward trip to see “Matilda the Musical” at the Cambridge Theatre, London